Part-time Marketing Coordinator – 20 hours per week
Gemini Ink, San Antonio’s Writing Arts Center, seeks a part-time Marketing Coordinator to support the Marketing Director and our expanding year-round writing arts programs and initiatives.
Gemini Ink's mission is to teach the craft of writing to people of all skill levels so they can bring their stories to life. Since 1993, Gemini Ink has functioned as San Antonio's writing arts center, nurturing excellence in the craft of writing and promoting literacy and reader engagement throughout the city. Our year-round programs nurture the writers and readers of tomorrow and champion under-represented voices.
The position is for 20 hours per week and will start as a contracted position for the first three months and then become a permanent p/t position with room to grow within the organization. We need your creativity, marketing skills, and willingness to grow professionally with us. This position offers a fantastic opportunity to gain experience and training in marketing for an arts nonprofit.
Timeline: The deadline to apply is March 1, 2024. Interviews will be in late February/March 2024.
- Report to our Marketing Director for weekly tasks and responsibilities.
- Help with social media management (Facebook, Instagram, X, YouTube, and more); create and design posts under the guidance of the Marketing Director.
- Help with the creation of digital flyers and various print materials using Canva.
- Assist with writing and sending out weekly eblasts and press releases on the MailChimp platform.
- Support website management to upload new classes, events, and program information.
- Contribute to content for the blog and other promotional needs.
- Repurpose existing Gemini Ink video and audio into YouTube shorts, Instagram reels, and other social media formats to increase accessibility.
- Gain valuable experience in all key aspects of marketing for an arts nonprofit.
- Ideally, the candidate will have knowledge of social media algorithms or be willing to learn.
- Create monthly reports for staff on social media statistics.
- Oversee marketing of Partner Classes, our outreach programs for under-served communities, including uploading blog posts, taking photos, and more.
- Assist with event documentation for programs and events, including uploading on YouTube and Soundcloud.
- Act as an outward-facing marketing presence for Gemini Ink, especially for partner classes.
- Learn the branding needs of the organization to ensure promotional materials consistently represent Gemini Ink.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED:
- A background or interest in literature and the arts
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- A keen eye for graphic design, attention to detail, and creativity
- Strong time management skills
- Team player able to work with the varying needs of Gemini Ink’s year-round programs and staff.
- Proficiency in various social media platforms, including X, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Google, and keeping up with the latest trends or an eagerness to learn about these.
- Some video-editing knowledge to unpack our digital content into more digestible amounts so more people can access it
- WordPress knowledge or willingness to learn
- Eager to devise new strategies to amplify engagement on social media
- Knowledge using Google Workspace
- Knowledge of Indesign and Photoshop is a plus
- Bilingual or comfortable speaking conversational Spanish
- Self-directed and willing to take initiative but also willing to ask for help and guidance when needed
- Ability to adapt and pick up new techniques
HYBRID POSITION—Work from the Gemini Ink offices and remotely, while also participating in Gemini Ink events to capture photos and video and generate social media content. Flexibility is essential, as some events and classes take place during evenings and weekends. We will work with your schedule.
COMPENSATION: $20/hour at 20 hours/week – $21,000 to start.
The successful candidate will be contracted for the first three months. Then, after an initial review, become a p/t permanent member of the team, with room to grow professionally within the organization.
Apply by Friday, March 1, 2024, 11:59pm CST, to be considered.
Submit the following:
- A digital portfolio to include sample print items (flyers, posters, graphics, design), and sample writings (5-10 pages of copywriting and creative writing in Times New Roman, 12-pt font). Examples of copywriting include blog posts, articles, newsletters, website pages, event descriptions, social media posts, sponsorship letters, and press releases.
- A 1-2 page resume and a 1-page cover letter discussing why you are interested in this position.
- Contact information for two references from your previous work experience.
Thank you for your interest in working with San Antonio’s Writing Arts Center.
Gemini Ink is an Equal Opportunity Employer.