Gemini Ink, San Antonio’s Writing Arts Center, seeks a part-time Partner Classes Program Coordinator to support our literary programming. This position reports to the Director of Programs and facilitates literary education classes and creative development initiatives in San Antonio communities by connecting Gemini Ink teaching artists with community organizations. They are in charge of program scheduling, maintaining relationships with partnering organizations, arranging workshops and coordinating events, providing content and/or copy for active marketing of the program, maintaining accurate records, and enabling effective and efficient communication between teaching artists and all stakeholders to enrich communities through literary education.
● Work with partner sites to establish a yearly calendar of workshops and events
● Drafts contracts for teaching artists teaching in our workshops
● Coordinates and schedules celebratory readings and special Partner Class events
● Supports the compilation of book content for Partner Class publications
● Collects and organizes all program data & paperwork
● Ensures that all projects and events are adequately staffed
● Keeps accurate budget records, processes teaching artist timesheets, & completes payroll
● Assists the Director of Programs in preparing quarterly board reports
● Maintains accurate and easily accessible project management records– in both hardcopy and electronic formats
● Assists staff with Gemini Ink programs and special events as needed, including Inkstravaganza,
● Helps supervise interns to support projects
We look for candidates who possess the following skills or are eager to develop them.
● Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Communications, English, Creative Writing or a related field
● 3+ years experience teaching/mentoring youth
● 3+ years experience working in or with the public school system (K-12)
● Experience preparing and administering budgets and contracts
● Knowledgeable about the craft of writing and creative writing pedagogy
●Passionate about championing under-represented voices and empowering writers of all skill levels
● Strong organizational skills & ability to create spreadsheets
● Strong knowledge of pedagogical best practices for K-12 education required
● Strong knowledge of pedagogical best practices for adult learners a plus
● Excellent ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, and problem solve
● Excellent written, verbal communication, and public speaking skills
● Proficiency in Spanish a plus
● Working knowledge of Mac and PC platforms, Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, Canva, and social media
Annual salary of $18,000 with plenty of room to grow; this position is salaried and non-exempt. The start date for this position is August 1, 2022.
Submit as one PDF: a one-page cover letter explaining your interest in this job, a CV/resume, and two references. Candidates invited for interviews will be required to submit writing samples.
Please submit by Monday, May 30th, 2022, 11:59pm CST, to be considered.
Gemini Ink is an Equal Opportunity Employer.