Gemini Ink, San Antonio’s Writing Arts Center, seeks a facilitator, beginning in spring 2022, to oversee our monthly writers lab for fiction writers. Gemini Ink’s Partner Classes Program sends published writers into community settings such as schools, shelters, and detention facilities to offer free creative writing workshops. Through our Public Classes & Programs, we offer free to fair-cost Creative Writing Classes, host free public readings by nationally and internationally recognized authors, open-mic nights, a wide array of events throughout the city of San Antonio, a Mentorship Program, and a statewide virtual book club, The Big Texas Read.
- Seeking a volunteer to oversee our monthly open writers lab, who has experience leading critique groups.
- Must have a background in the craft of writing fiction, and be a fiction enthusiast!
- Must have excellent people skills, be able to navigate diverse writing styles, and create a supportive community around the fiction writing process.
- Willing to do outreach on part of this monthly writing lab and send monthly email reminders to lab members.
- Be able to facilitate this monthly offering in-person or via Zoom, depending on COVID-19 safety protocols.
- Be available for a set monthly meeting time, such as the 3rd Thursday of every month, 6:30-8:30pm.
- Check out this link to the current description for our monthly poetry writers lab: https://bit.ly/31B4wyz
A Gemini Ink Facilitator would possess the following:
- Good writing & editing skills.
- Strong interest in education, creative writing.
- Great organizational skills
- Works well both independently and as part of a team
- Attention to detail
- Flexible & compassionate with writing lab attendees.
- Reliability and ability to communicate effectively with Gemini Ink staff.
- Willing to have periodic check-in with the Program Director.
- Good at problem-solving.
If interested, please submit:
- A 3-page writing sample of fiction, such as an excerpt from an essay, short story, flash fiction piece, or genre-blended piece.
- A CV or resume outlining why you would be a good fit for this position
- A one-page introductory letter telling us who you are and why you are interested in becoming the Open Writers Lab Fiction Facilitator.
- You will have the opportunity to take three free classes per year.